What are these enrollment requirements?
To get started with your ShareBuilder 401k account, there are 5 steps that you
- Watch the enrollment video: Watch a short video introducing high-level
retirement saving and 401(k) concepts. This video will take approximately 5 minutes
- View the Plan highlights: Review the details of your company's 401(k)
Plan. This page will summarize who is eligible to participate, define rules around
contributions and withdrawals, and explain any additional features that may be available
- Set up how much you want to contribute: Set the amount you wish to
contribute from each paycheck, either as a set dollar amount or as a percentage
of total earnings. This contribution can be changed later, if you wish to increase
or decrease the amount you are saving for retirement.
- Choose your investment elections: Pick the portfolio of Index Funds
that you want to invest in. Or, you can create your own portfolio from a list of
available Index Funds.
- Designate your beneficiary: Print a form that allows you to define
who should be the beneficiary(s) of your account if something happens to you. Once
you have completed this form, you will need to return it to your employer.
Each time you finish a step, its status on the enrollment requirement page will
be changed to Complete. Once all 5 steps are complete, you can access your
new ShareBuilder 401k account to review your positions and manage other settings
in your retirement account.
Need more help?
If you still have questions about this topic or want additional information about
please contact our Customer Care team at 1-800-943-6108. Our agents
are available from 9am - 8pm (Eastern Time), Monday-Friday, except for market holidays.