Home > In the News
> The Business of Saving
The Business of Savings
What does the perfect 401(k) plan look like?
That might seem like a question that could go a hundred different directions. We don’t think so when you get right down to what matters. A great 401(k) plan will offer:
- Low, transparent pricing for the business (and ideally automatically lowers prices for business and participants as your plan grows without any contracts)
- Is easy for the company to setup and supported on-going to manage payroll and year-end requirements, etc…
- Minimizes business risks for your company with a real skin in the game with you
- Offers funds that keep fees less than 1% for participants so their money works harder
- Takes a long-term, diversified, and preferably an indexing approach for your fund line-up
- Has an Investment Committee that manages your fund line-up and model portfolios
- Provides all the employee guidance tools, training and support to answer employee questions quickly and help them reach their goals
If your provider does all this, you have pretty fantastic 401(k) plan. Chances are you don’t have one of these rare programs. Give us a call. We’re happy to help you compare plans to see how they really stack up.